Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Secret Postal Societies


Current listening : Build an Ark - Peace with every step

I get easily distracted then find myself miles away on highways of thought from my original intentions. During one of these thought hoppings, I began to wonder about Postal Services. Some might say, "I have too much spare time". The truth is I don't have enough time to accomplish anything , because I screwed up my priority list sometime between middle and high school. As a result I had patiently waited our Mr. Postman to ask this question:
Say you are sending a package to Germany and it costs $40. You fork it over the counter , USPS takes your package and slide it through one of their brown blinds and Oompa Loompas welcome your package in the background do what they do away from curious eyes of rest of the society. German Postal Service or Deutsche Post receives , sorts and do whatever is before delivering your package to it's final destination. Recipient signs a piece of paper and that's it. Package delivered.

What's wrong in this picture?

As a consumer , by sending your package you generate work at both USPS and DP. However you pay only USPS.
Do USPS give a cut to DP? This wouldn't be necessary if we were talking about Fedex (see black listed companies) or UPS as they handle shipping and receiving end on their own. This method would require great communication and accounting skills. How could a institution do all these complicated things on it's own unless both USPS and DP are part of some sort secret society where they don't have to keep track of such things or keep track for different reasons?
By the second I finished asking my question, Mr. Postman replied without even thinking "You know, I have never thought of it before. That's an interesting question".
Maybe it's just simple, USPS keeps the money here and when Germans ship something DP keeps the money there. That's all. I don't know. What do you, one of the rare people who visits this blog, think?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice Blog!!!   I thought I'd tell you about a site that will let give you places where
you can make extra cash! I made over $800 last month. Not bad for not doing much. Just put in your
zip code and up will pop up a list of places that are available. I live in a small area and found quite
a few. MAKE MONEY NOW

Wednesday, November 16, 2005 8:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Make Money Now! said...

"Oompa Loompas welcome your package in the background" ... Brilliant!!

Thursday, November 17, 2005 11:02:00 AM  
Blogger mo said...

screw the DP and the USPS, what was in the package?

Thursday, December 01, 2005 7:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home